- 250 grams dried chickpeas
- 800 grams Pumpkin (such as Muscat)
- 2 carrots
- 2 onions
- 2 garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric (ground)
- 1 teaspoon Cumin (ground)
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (ground)
- 50 grams Currants
- 250 milliliters Vegetable broth
- freshly ground peppers
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Baby spinach (for garnishing)
Soak chickpeas overnight in water.
Cut pumpkin into cubes. Peel carrots and dice finely. Peel onions and garlic, finely dice both. Heat oil in a tagine pot and saute onions and garlic until translucent. Season with turmeric, cumin and coriander powders and saute briefly. Add currants, pumpkin and carrots and mix well. Add a little broth. Add drained chickpeas and mix well and simmer, covered, for about 45 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally and add broth as needed.
Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice and garnish with spinach. Serve.