ready in 45 min.
- For the Pizza Crust
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- For the Topping
- 1 cup Tomato sauce
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 handful Baby spinach
- 1 cup Mushrooms (fresh sliced)
- 1 small, red Bell pepper (rinsed; trimmed and chopped)
- 1 small, yellow chili pepper (rinsed; trimmed and chopped)
- 1 small Red onion (peeled and sliced)
- Arugula (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 425º F / 220º C.
Stir water, sugar and yeast together until dissolved. Add the olive oil and the salt. Stir in the flour until well blended. Let dough rest for 10 minutes.
Pat dough into pan or on to a pizza stone using fingers dipped in olive oil.
Spread a thin layer of tomato sauce on pizza and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle the cheeses over the sauce. Top with the spinach, mushrooms, peppers and red onion.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is browned around the edges.
Garnish with arugula, slice and serve.