Tangy Chicken Coconut Curry
8,9 / 10
ready in 33 min.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 stalk Lemongrass (white part only)
- 3 Lime leaves (thinly sliced)
- 1 pc piece ginger (peeled and thinly sliced)
- 2 Thai chili (halved lengthwise)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened Coconut milk
- 2 Tbsps Fish sauce
- 2 tsps sugar
- 4 Limes (juiced)
- 2 cups Cooked chicken (shredded)
- salt (to taste)
- peppers (to taste)
- cilantro (sprigs)
- fresh Coconut (to garnish)
In a soup pot, bring stock to a boil. Crack open the lemon grass with the flat side of a knife. Add lemon grass, lime leaves, ginger, 1 chili, and garlic. Cover the pot, reduce heat and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
Uncover and stir in the coconut milk, fish sauce, sugar, lime juice and chicken. Simmer for 8 minutes, season with salt and pepper. Chop the remaining chili pepper into rings. Ladle into bowls and garnish with chili, cilantro and coconut slices. Serve.