Stuffed Roast Pork
- For the pork roast
- 1 ½ kilograms roasted pork roulade (From the hip) (approximately 3 pounds)
- 3 garlic
- 1 bunch Basil
- 3 tablespoons ground almonds
- 50 grams grated Mountain cheese (such as Gruyere) (approximately 2 ounces)
- 3 rosemary
- 8 Sage
- lemons (Juice)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons clarified butter
- ⅛ liter Beef broth from the can (approximately 1/2 cup)
- 200 milliliters Dark beer (approximately 7 ounces)
- 1 cup Sour cream
- For the red cabbage
- 1 kilogram Red cabbage (approximately 2 pounds)
- 1 shallot
- 1 Russet apple
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 200 milliliters dry Red wine (approximately 7 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 cloves
- ½ Cinnamon stick
- freshly ground peppers
For the pork roast: Flatten, rub with salt and pepper.
Peel garlic and chop finely. Rinse herbs and shake dry. Finely chop the leaves.
Mix garlic, almonds, herbs, cheese, lemon juice and olive oil into a paste. Rub past over meat, leaving one side of the edge free. Roll the roast and tie with kitchen string.
Heat butter in a roasting pan. Add the meat and sear on all sides.
Pour broth over meat with broth and cook in the oven at 200°C (approximately 400°F) for about 1 5 hours, basting with beer several times.
For the red cabbage: Rinse the cabbage, remove outer leaves, cut into quarters lengthwise, cut out the stalk and slice the cabbage into 1 cm (approximately 1/2 inch) wide strips.
Rinse apples, core and cut into slices. Peel the shallot and chop finely.
Heat oil in a large pot, saute the shallots until soft, add cabbage and apple and saute for about 4 minutes, stirring. Add 100 ml (approximately 4 ounces) of water and red wine vinegar, then add spices, salt and pepper. Mix well, cover and cook about 30 minutes.
For the potatoes: Peel the potatoes, cut into equal pieces and boil in salted water for about 20 minutes, or until tender.
Remove kitchen string from the roast and cut into slices. Stir sour cream into juices from roast to make a sauce. Serve slices of roast meat with potatoes and cabbage. Garnish with parsley if desired.