Steak with Ribbon Pasta
91 / 100
1 hr 40 min.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 12 ozs braising Steak (cut into thick strips)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 green Bell pepper (seeds removed and sliced)
- 2 yellow Bell pepper (seeds removed and sliced)
- 14 ozs canned tomatoes
- 2 Tbsps tomato puree
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (crushed)
- 4 cups Beef stock
- 8 ozs Fettuccine
- 10 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- To garnish
Heat the oil in a large pan and add the beef. Brown the meat on all sides, stirring frequently. Remove the meat from the pan.
Add the onion and peppers to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add the tomatoes, tomato puree, garlic and 600 ml|1 pint of the stock. Stir well and bring to a boil.
Return the beef to the pan and season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and simmer gently for about 1 hour, until the meat is tender.
Add the pasta, tomatoes and remaining stock. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20–25 minutes, until the pasta is tender. Serve garnished with oregano.