Squash Salad with Spinach and Feta Cheese
9,1 / 10
ready in 55 min.
- 2 medium Butternut squash (peeled)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- salt (to season)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to season)
- 4 poached, boneless, skinless Chicken breasts (halves)
- 5 cups baby Spinach (washed and stems trimmed)
- ½ cup Feta (roughly crumbled)
- 1 Tbsp fresh Basil (finely chopped)
- balsamic vinegar (to serve)
Preheat oven to 400º F.
Cut the squash lengthwise in half and scoop out the seeds and fibers with a large spoon. Using a sharp knife, cut the squash into wedges. Place the wedges in a single layer in a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil, tossing to thoroughly coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Roast in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring the squash after 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice the chicken into bite-size pieces.
In a large bowl, combine roasted squash, chicken, spinach, feta cheese and chopped basil; gently toss.
Transfer to serving bowls and serve with balsamic vinegar on the side. Serve.