Spicy Chicken Broth
9,5 / 10
- 2 tablespoons Nut oil
- 2 onions (peeled and sliced)
- 1 carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely sliced)
- 4 Chicken thigh (skinned, deboned and cubed)
- 1 tablespoon Garam Masala
- ½ teaspoon black Onion seed
- 4 Curry leaves
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- 1.333 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups Spinach (washed)
Indian Chicken and Prawn Soup King prawns add a touch of luxury to this weekday supper
Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the onions until very dark gold.
Add the carrot and garlic and fry for 2 minutes, then add the chicken and cook until the chicken is patchily golden.
Add the spices and tomato puree and cook out for 2 minutes, stirring to coat the chicken, then add the tomatoes and stock and leave to simmer for 30 minutes.
Season and stir in the spinach and leave to wilt for 5 minutes.
Serve with naan bread.