Slow Cooker Stuffed Tomatoes
8,0 / 10
ready in 2 h. 35 min.
- 4 beefsteak tomatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 red pepper (finely diced)
- 2 tsps tomato puree
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 2 ½ cups cooked Long grain rice
- flat-leaf parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Goat cheese (crumbled)
- 2 Tbsps extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground Black pepper
Remove the tops from the tomatoes and cored out the flesh and seeds. Reserve the tops.
Heat the oil in a casserole dish set over a medium heat until hot. Add the onion, garlic, pepper, and a little salt, sweating for 5 minutes until softened.
Stir in the tomato puree, paprika, and dried oregano. Cook for 1 minute and then stir in the rice, cooking for 3 minutes.
Season the rice with salt and pepper. Spoon into the tomatoes and top with goats' cheese and their tops.
Position them in a slow cooker, side by side. Cover the slow cooker with a lid and cook on a high setting for 2 hours until the tomatoes are tender.
Serve with a drizzle of extra-virgin olive oil.