Slow Cooker Beef Stew
ready in 7 h. 20 min.
- 32 ounces boneless stewing Beef
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- ½ teaspoon ground Black pepper
- 0.333 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions (peeled and chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (peeled and finely chopped)
- 3 carrots (peeled; trimmed and thickly sliced)
- 3 stalks Celery (rinsed; trimmed and chopped)
- 6 medium new Potato (or red bliss)
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup Red wine
- 1 ½ cups Beef broth
Rinse the beef under cold running water and pat completely dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife cut the beef into generous bite-size pieces.
Combine the salt, pepper and flour. Place the cubed beef in a large resealable plastic storage bag. Add the seasoned flour and shake to thoroughly coat the beef with flour.
Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed skillet over medium heat. Add the flour coated beef and brown on all sides.
Place browned beef in the crock pot. Add onions, garlic, carrots, celery, potatoes, bay leaves, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, wine, and broth.
Cover and cook for 1 hour on high and reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 6 hours, or until meat is tender and vegetables are cooked through.
Remove bay leaves and discard. Ladle stew into individual serving bowls and serve.