Shrimp Mac and Cheese
7,1 / 10
ready in 50 min.
- 4 Tbsps butter
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and pressed)
- 3 Tbsps all-purpose flour
- 4 cups milk
- 2 tsps salt
- 1 tsp ground Black pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 ¾ cups shredded, extra sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups grated Asiago cheese
- 16 ozs macaroni (small shells)
- 16 ozs shrimp (peeled and de-veined)
Preheat oven to 400º F / 200º C. Coat an oven-proof casserole dish with butter or nonstick cooking spray.
Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
Whisk in flour and cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture turns golden brown, 2-3 minutes.
Whisk in the milk, gradually. Add salt, pepper, and paprika. Reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
Add the cheeses and stir until melted. Add the cooked pasta and shrimp and stir until everything is completely coated.
Transfer the pasta to prepared casserole dish. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the pasta is bubbly and golden. Serve.