Shrimp and Pea Pasta
ready in 17 min.
- 16 ounces Pappardelle noodles
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (finely minced)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 16 ounces large shrimp (peeled, deveined, tail on)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 4 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 cup green peas
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 cup freshly grated pecorino romano
Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. Toss with butter.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the garlic and paprika, and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Add shrimp, lemon juice, zest and wine, stir well, and sauté until the shrimp turn pink and are opaque throughout, about 3-5 minutes. Add peas and cook 1 more minute. Season with salt and black pepper.
Serve shrimp and peas immediately over cooked pasta, sprinkle with the cilantro and freshly shredded cheese.