Seafood Coconut Curry Soup
- 600 milliliters Coconut milk (canned)
- 200 milliliters Chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon green Curry paste
- 2 stems Lemongrass
- 500 grams mixed raw Shellfish (such as mini squid and fish fillets)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1 red chile pepper
- cilantro (for garnish)
- Lime wedge (for garnish)
For the soup: Rinse the lemongrass. Peel the tough outer layers and cut into 3 cm (approximately 1 1/4 inch) long pieces.
Place the coconut milk, chicken broth, curry paste and lemongrass in a pot, and simmer for 5 minutes. Rinse the chile pepper, cut in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and white ribs, and finely chop. Stir the chile into the soup. Season with the sugar.
For the seafood: Rinse the seafood and peel or chop as necessary. Heat the oil in a wok. Cook the seafood in batches for 3-4 minutes. Stir into the soup.
For serving: Serve the soup garnished with the cilantro and lime wedges.