Rice Fritters with Vegetables
- 3 eggs
- 125 milliliters milk
- 3 tablespoons Pastry flour
- 1 bunch scallions
- 100 grams Gouda (grated)
- 300 grams cooked Arborio rice (100 grams raw rice)
- 1 teaspoon herbes de Provence
- peppers (freshly ground)
- 800 grams Frozen stir-fry vegetables (any combination of fresh vegetables)
- 1 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 200 milliliters Vegetable broth
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Beat together eggs, milk and flour in a bowl until smooth. Rinse scallions and chop. Mix cheese and boiled rice with egg mixture and season with herbs, salt and pepper.
Heat oil in a pan. Use a tablespoon to scoop small portions of batter and place the fritters in the pan. Fry on both sides, about 5- 6 minutes.
Meanwhile, sauté stir-fry vegetables in a wide pot over high heat for 4 minutes. Stir in tomato paste and pour in broth. Cover and cook until tender over medium heat, about 6 minutes. Serve the vegetables with the fritters.