Quick Indian Biriyani
ready in 1 hr 55 min.
- olive oil
- 3.333 cups lamb (e. g. shoulder, read to cook, diced)
- 3 onions (finely chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- ground allspice
- ground cinnamon
- ground Cumin
- ground Saffron
- Curry powder
- 3 cups Meat stock (more if required)
- 1 ½ cups Long grain rice
- 2 cups fresh Spinach
- 2 Tbsps fresh Fresh herbs (rosemary, thyme)
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pot and fry the meat on a high heat. Season with salt and ground black pepper and remove from the pan. Fry the onions and garlic in the meat juices, add a pinch of each of the spices, fry for a few minutes, return the meat to the pan and deglaze with the stock. Simmer on a medium heat for around 40 min
Add the rice to the meat and cook for around 20 min, stirring occasionally. If necessary add some more stock.
Finally add the spinach and the herbs, steep for a few minutes and season with salt and ground black pepper. Serve immediately.