- 600 grams waxy Potatoes
- 400 grams Pears
- 400 milliliters Whipping cream
- 1 Garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons Creme fraiche cheese
- freshly ground Pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Fresh herbs (such as parsley, dill and thyme)
- 100 grams grated Cheese (such as Gruyèreand Emmentaler)
- Culinary herbs (such as parsley, dill and thyme for garnish)
Peel the garlic and rub over the surfact of a casserole dish.
Rinse, peel and thinly slice the potatoes. Thinly slice the pears. Layer the potato and pear slices in the casserole dish, alternating between the potatoes and pears. In a bowl, stir the cream, creme fraiche, salt, pepper and herbs together. Pour the sauce over the potatoes (2/3 should be covered, but add more cream if necessary). Sprinkled the cheese on top in and even layer. Bake the casserole in a 180°C (approximately 350°F) oven until golden and bubbling, and the potatoes are fork tender, about 40-50 min. Serve garnished with fresh herbs.