Pork Loin Chop with Fruity Coleslaw
ready in 12 h. 44 min.
- For Grilled Pork Chops
- 4 large Pork chop
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- Oil (for brushing grill grate)
- For Apple Coleslaw
- 2 fresh local Apple (peeled; cored and sliced)
- 2 scallions (finely chopped)
- 1 head shredded White cabbage (shredded)
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
For Grilled Pork Chops:
Rinse pork chops under cold running water, and pat completely dry with paper towels.
In a small bowl, combine garlic, lemon juice, mustard and honey. Place pork chops in a shallow dish and pour marinade mixture over and under the chops. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
Prepare grill for direct grilling. Brush grill grate with oil.
Grill for approximately 5 to 7 minutes per side. Grilling time will vary depending on the thickness of the pork chop. Transfer to a serving plates and serve with coleslaw.
For Apple Coleslaw:
In a large bowl, combine the apples, spring onions, shredded cabbage, mint and cilantro. Toss to combine. Dress just prior to serving.
For the Dressing:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; whisk to incorporate. Drizzle over coleslaw just prior to serving; toss to coat.