for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 onions (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (cut into strips or grated)
- 6 ½ cups white Cabbage (cut into fine strips)
- 1 ⅔ cups Meat stock
- 1 ⅔ cups dark beer
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 allspice
- 4 Sausage (skinned and sliced)
Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onions. Add the carrot and cabbage, fry for a few minutes and quench with the stock.
Add the beer and the spices and season with salt and ground black pepper. Simmer on a medium heat for around 15 min.
Add the sausages, allow to heat through then season to taste and serve in preheated bowls.