Pan-fried Chicken with Mixed Vegetables
ready in 57 min.
- For Sauteed Chicken
- 4 boneless Chicken breasts (halves)
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 Tbsps good-quality olive oil
- For Sauteed Vegetables
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 2 small zucchini (rinsed; trimmed and sliced into rounds)
- 2 small, yellow Summer squash (rinsed; trimmed and sliced into rounds)
- 1 head Broccoli (rinsed and florets separated)
- 1 small Eggplant (rinsed; trimmed and roughly chopped)
- 2 shallots (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup sliced Mushrooms
- 1 cup Grape tomato (rinsed and halved)
- 1 small, red Bell pepper (rinsed; trimmed and roughly chopped)
For Sauteed Chicken:
Rinse chicken under cold running water and pat completely dry with paper towels. Season chicken on both sides, to taste with salt and pepper.
Heat olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed skillet, set over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 4 to 6 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and golden brown.
For Sauteed Vegetables:
Heat oil in a large shallow skillet, set over medium-high heat. Add garlic and vegetables in a single layer to the hot pan. Stir the vegetables frequently, cooking until nicely browned and tender crisp.
For White Wine and Shallot Sauce:
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add shallots and cook until tender but not browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in wine and chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to maintain a simmer for 3 minutes. Whisk yolks, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Pour about 1/4 cup of the sauce into the yolks, to temper the eggs and whisk to combine. Whisk yolk mixture back into skillet, continue whisking, without letting it boil, until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 3 minutes.
Divide chicken and vegetables among servings plates. Drizzle sauce over chicken and vegetables. Sprinkle with chopped parsley. Serve.