Paleo Vegetable and Chicken Soup
9,3 / 10
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion (peeled and chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 large carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 2 cups peeled and diced Turnip
- 2 cups peeled and diced Rutabaga
- 5 cups chicken stock (or water)
- 2 large Chicken breasts (skinned)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped Dill
1 Pot mit Deckel, 1 Whisk, 1 Cutting board, 1 Large knife, 1 Small knife, 1 große Non-stick pan, 1 Slotted spatula, 1 Measuring cups, 1 Fine grater
Heat the oil in a large pan and gently fry the onion and celery until soft but not brown.
Add the garlic, cook for one minute then add the carrots, turnip and swede and stir to coat the vegetables in oil.
Add the stock or water, bring to a boil then turn the heat down and simmer for ten minutes. Add the chicken breasts and continue cooking for 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Remove the chicken from the pan, shred the meat into large pieces and return them to the soup. Add the herbs, season with a little sea salt and black pepper then reheat gently and serve in warmed bowls.