Molten Espresso Cakes
ready in 15 min.
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- ⅔ cup soft light brown sugar
- ⅔ cup self-rising flour (sifted)
- 1 tablespoon Corn starch
- 2 large eggs (beaten)
- 2 teaspoons instant Espresso powder (dissolved in 2 tbsp boiling water)
- 8 chocolate sandwich cookie
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
How healthy are the main ingredients?egg
Beat together the melted butter, sugar, flour, cornflour, eggs, and dissolved espresso in a large mixing bowl.
Divide the batter between four large microwaveable mugs. Cover with clingfilm and poke a few holes in them.
Cook in the microwave on medium for 1 minute. Carefully remove and check for doneness; if a wooden toothpick comes out almost clean, they are done. If not, continue to microwave in 10 second increments until ready.
Serve the mug cakes with a couple of the mini cookies on top and a light dusting of icing sugar.