Minestrone with Pesto Toast
- 750 milliliters Vegetable broth (finished product)
- 1 package crushed tomatoes (500 grams)
- 150 grams Pasta (such as small shells)
- 250 grams thick, white Beans (canned)
- 300 grams mixed Vegetables (fresh or frozen)
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 40 grams Parmesan
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 piece Baguette
- 4 tablespoons Pesto (canned)
- 1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
Boil broth and tomatoes in a pot, add pasta, beans and vegetables and let simmer until the pasta is cooked al dente (according to package instructions) and the vegetables are soft. Stir in rosemary, balsamic vinegar and parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
Cut baguette diagonally into slices and toast in a hot oven or in a toaster until golden brown. Spread the baguette slices with pesto.
Serve the minestrone with the pesto baguette. Garnish with fresh herbs to taste.