for 4 servings
- For the celeriac puree
- 2 ⅔ cups Celeriac (peeled and diced)
- 1.333 cups floury potatoes (peeled and diced)
- ½ cup hot cream (at least 30% fat)
- 2 tablespoons fresh Basil (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 fillet Steak (approx. 160 g each)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions (cut into strips)
- 1 dash dry Red wine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
To make the puree cook the celeriac and the potatoes in boiling, salted water for about 20 minutes.
Heat the oven to 100°C (80°C in a fan oven), 200°F, gas 1.
Season the meat with salt and ground black pepper and fry in 2 tbsp hot oil on both sides. Place on an oven rack (with a tray underneath to collect the fat) and roast gently for 6-10 minutes.
Fry the onions in the meat juices with the remaining oil until golden brown. Deglaze with the red wine, add a little water and season with the vinegar, salt, and ground black pepper.
Drain the vegetables and leave to cool a little. Add the cream, basil and the butter and mash into a smooth puree. Season with salt and nutmeg. Arrange on plates with the steaks and the onions.