ready in 32 min.
- 16 ounces fresh Baby spinach (rinsed)
- 2 scallions (rinsed and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice (or lemon juice)
- 1 teaspoon ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ¼ cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 4 Flour tortillas (25cm|10-inch)
- For Salsa
- 1 ripe Avocado (peeled and diced)
- 2 ripe tomatoes (rinsed; seeded and finely chopped)
- 1 scallion (rinsed and finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Lime juice
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
In a nonstick skillet, cook the spinach, onions, lime or lemon juice, cumin and garlic powder over medium heat until the spinach is just wilted. Remove from heat. Drain of any excess liquid and stir in cheese.
Brush one side of each tortilla with melted butter. Divide and spread spinach and cheese mixture over the unbuttered side of two tortillas. Top with the remaining tortilla, butter side up creating 2 quesadillas.
Place one quesadilla, in a 12-inch nonstick skillet. Cook over low heat for 1 to 2 minutes on each side or until heated through. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Repeat the process with the remaining tortilla. Cut into wedges and serve with salsa and cheese spread.
Combine avocado, chopped tomatoes, spring onion, and garlic in a small bowl. Add olive oil, lime juice and season with salt and pepper. Toss to incorporate. Set aside.
For Cheese Spread:
Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve.