Mexican Jumbo Shrimp and Jicama Salad
ready in 28 min.
- 2 Jicamas (peeled and julienned)
- 1 english Cucumber (peeled and julienned)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped Chives
- ¼ cup fresh Lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- kosher salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 1 cup Pineapple (small chunks)
- ½ cup Strawberries (sliced thin)
- 6 cups large, raw shrimp (peeled, de-veined, tails on)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- ½ cup Onion sprouts
- thinly shaved, black Radish (for garnish)
- Chili thread (for garnish)
Preheat grill to high.
In a large mixing bowl, add the jicama, cucumber, chives, lime juice, and olive oil. Generously season with salt and pepper and toss until all is well incorporated. Set aside.
In a small bowl, add the pineapple and strawberries. Gently mix and set aside.
In another large bowl, add shrimp, olive oil, and rub. Mix thoroughly until shrimp is well coated all over. Grill shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes per side, until no longer opaque and have a bit of char.
To serve, spoon equal portions of the mixed fruit in the center of 4 individual serving plates. Next, mound the jicama salad on top of the fruit. Top with sprouts and garnish with the radish and chili threads. Add equal portions of the shrimp to plates and serve.