Jumbo Shrimp and Bean Salad
ready in 1 hr 40 min.
- For the prawns
- 2 cups raw King prawn
- 2 Limes (juiced)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger (grated)
- 6 Tbsps olive oil
- For the salad
- 3 ripe Avocados (diced)
- 2 red pointed pepper (diced)
- 1 ¼ cups White bean (tinned, drained)
- 1 ⅔ cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 Red onions (cut into rings)
- To garnish
- 3 Tbsps fresh Basil (cut into strips)
Place the prawns in the lime juice and add the garlic and ginger. Stir in 2 tbsp olive oil, mix well, cover and chill for approx. 1 hour.
Remove the prawns from the marinade and heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Fry the prawns on both sides for approx. 2 minutes then stir in the marinade and steep for a minute in the pan.
Mix the prawns with all the salad ingredients and season with salt and ground black pepper. Add 2 tbsp olive oil and season with lime juice. Arrange in four bowls and serve garnished with basil.