Lamb with a Herb Crust
- 1 Rack of lamb (with long ribs, about 800 grams)
- freshly ground peppers
- 2 shallots
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley
- ½ bunch thyme
- ½ bunch Peppermint
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 tablespoons White bread crumbs (or panko breadcrumbs)
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan
- 30 grams melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 200 milliliters lamb stock (from a jar)
- 100 grams Whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon Diced tomatoes
Remove rind from lamb. Scrape bone ends of clean with a knife. Rub lamb loin with salt and pepper. Peel shallots and very finely chop. Rinse herbs, shake dry, pluck leaves from stems and finely chop. Mix breadcrumbs in a bowl with Parmesan, herbs, half of shallots, butter, egg and mustard.
Preheat the oven to 210°C (approximately 425°F). Heat oil in a roasting pan and fry lamb loin on all sides until browned. Spread herb and mustard mixture on top of lamb and cook for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven. Then remove lamb from the roasting pan, cover with foil and let stand briefly.
Meanwhile, saute remaining shallot in the roasting pan in the roasting juices. Then deglaze the roasting pan with lamb stock, add cream, mix and let it boil a little. Add tomatoes and season with salt and pepper. Serve lamb on plates with sauce.