Lamb and Spinach Curry
9,6 / 10
1 hr 30 min.
Lamb adds plenty of protein to this dish, while spinach provides a rich source of iron, which is integral in helping blood transport oxygen.
Pair this curry with brown rice to add fiber and more texture.
Author of this recipe:
- 3 cloves garlic cloves
- 1 ½ inches fresh ginger (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 green chili peppers (chopped)
- 1 onion (roughly chopped)
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 28 ozs Lamb shoulder (cut into large chunks)
- 2 tsps Coriander (crushed)
- 2 Cardamom (crushed)
- 1 tsp Cumin (crushed)
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 cup lamb stock (or water)
- 2 handfuls Spinach (washed and roughly chopped)
Put the garlic, ginger, chillies and onion in a food processor and blend to make a puree.
Heat the oil in a wide pan and brown the meat pieces on all sides. Remove from the pan and set aside.
Fry the spices in the oil for 2 minutes then add the salt and onion puree and cook for 3 minutes.
Return the meat to the pan, add the tomato paste and lamb stock, then cover and simmer very gently for about 45 minutes. Add a little water during the cooking if needed.
Add the spinach to the pan and cook for a further 30 minutes or until the lamb is very tender.