Spinach Lamb Curry
- 1 kilogram lamb (from the shoulder or leg)
- 3 onions
- 2 garlic
- 1 piece ginger (3 cm)
- 2 chile peppers (chopped red chile)
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika (sweet)
- ½ teaspoon cloves (ground)
- ¾ teaspoon Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cilantro (ground)
- 3 tomatoes (medium-sized)
- 1 tablespoon Yogurt (0.1% fat)
- 200 grams Spinach (fresh)
- 200 milliliters lamb stock
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (minced)
Cut the meat in 4 cm (approximately 1-1/2 inch) cubes. Peel the onions, halve lengthwise and cut into thin slices. Peel the garlic and finely dice one clove. Peel and grate the ginger. The rest of the garlic to ginger compress. Rinse, blanche, and peel the tomatoes, then halve, take out the core and seeds, and dice finely.
Stir the ginger-garlic mixture with the remaining spices and ½ teaspoon salt and stir thoroughly into the yogurt. Combine the meat with the yogurt mixture, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Heat the oil in a large pan. Saute the diced garlic, then add the meat along with the marinade and half of the tomatoes. Simmer over low heat, covered, for 1-1/4 hours. Gradually add the lamb stock to the simmering meat mixture. Rinse and trim the spinach, pat dry and chop coarsely. Add to the curry the last 5 minutes of cooking, along with the remaining tomatoes. Sprinkle with minced cilantro leaves to garnish and serve immediately.