Hot and Sour Thai Broth
9,3 / 10
ready in 33 min.
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- ¾ inch Galangal (finely chopped)
- 1 stalk Lemongrass (halved lengthways and chopped)
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 3 ½ cups chicken stock
- 4 Chicken breasts (approx. 120 g each)
- 2 carrots (halved lengthways and sliced)
- 2 ⅔ cups Cauliflower (in small florets)
- 2 onions (sliced into fine strips)
- 2 tablespoons Tamarind paste
- 2 tablespoons Fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon roasted Chili paste
- 1 tablespoon Lime juice
Put the garlic, galangal, lemongrass, lime leaves and stock in a pan and bring to the boil. Add the chicken and cook over a low heat for around 10 minutes until cooked.
Remove the chicken from the soup, cool slightly and dice.
Add the vegetables, tamarind paste, fish sauce and chilli paste to the soup and cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes.
Return the chicken to the pan, season to taste with fish sauce and lime juice, and serve.