Herb-stuffed Pork Loin with Zucchini
- 1 Pork loin (or turkey breast, 1.2 kg)
- 100 milliliters sherry
- 300 milliliters Beef stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 tablespoons minced Basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1 garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 White roll (soaked)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1 rosemary
- 2 tablespoons toasted Pine nuts
- freshly ground peppers
- olive oil
- 4 zucchini
- 2 onions (sliced)
Rinse the pork or turkey and pat dry. With a sharp, long knife, make a lengthwise cut into the center of the meat. Mix squeezed roll with, egg, parsley, basil, thyme, garlic, pine nuts, breadcrumbs and 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper and stuff into the opening. Tie roast with kitchen twine.
Rinse zucchini, cut in half lengthwise and cut into slices.
Heat 3 tablespoons oil in a Dutch oven and brown the meat on all sides. Add onions and fry briefly. Deglaze with sherry, allowing liquid to evaporate. Put rosemary on the meat, add stock, cover and cook 50 minutes. After about 30 minutes of roasting time, add the zucchini and continue to simmer covered. Remove roast and season the vegetables with salt and pepper. Cut into slices and serve with the zucchini.