Herb-Roasted Lamb Chops
ready in 12 h. 36 min.
- 2 fresh tomatoes (washed and diced)
- ¾ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary (finely chopped; plus extra sprigs for garnish)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 12 lamb chops (French trimmed; about 75 g | 3 oz)
- 1 fresh tomato (washed and cut into wedges; for garnish)
Wash, seed and dice tomatoes.
In a small bowl, combine the oil, diced tomatoes, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper; mixing to thoroughly incorporate. Rinse and dry the lamb chops, season lightly with salt and pepper. Place lamb in a shallow dish or plastic freezer bag. Pour all but 1/4 cup of the marinade over the lamb, coating meat completely. Cover or seal; marinate overnight turning meat once or twice. Refrigerate reserved 1/4 cup marinade.
In a small bowl, cream the butter, salt, pepper, herbs, lemon juice and pressed garlic together. Shape the butter into a log, wrap in aluminum foil and chill in the refrigerator.
Heat the grill. Remove the lamb from marinade and cook on prepared grill for 2 to 3 minutes, per side.
Transfer grilled lamb to serving platter. Remove reserved marinade and chilled herb butter from the refrigerator. Spoon marinade over the cooked lamb. Slice herb butter into rounds with a garnishing knife and arrange on serving platter, with tomato wedges and rosemary sprigs. Serve.