Grilled Plantains with Tomato Sauce
ready in 24 min.
- 32 ounces fresh tomatoes
- 2 onions (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 fresh chile peppers (seeds removed and finely chopped)
- Limes (juiced from one lime)
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 cup Papaya (finely chopped)
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper
Plunge tomatoes into boiling water; remove the skins and seeds and discard. Finely dice the tomato flesh and place diced tomatoes and juices in a bowl. Add chopped onions, chili peppers, lime juice. cilantro, chopped papaya, and season with salt and pepper. Stir to incorporate. Chill the sauce in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
For Grilled Plantains:
Prepare grill for direct grilling. Place prepared skewers up through the center of each plantain. In a small bowl, mix honey and orange juice together until well blended. Brush plantains generously with honey mixture. Coat the plantains with melted butter. Arrange on hot grill grate. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side. Serve with chili salsa and garnish with lime zest.