Grain and Chicken Salad with Lemon
- 4 skinless, boneless Chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 1 ⅛ cups Quinoa
- 2 ½ cups water
- ½ Cucumber peeled and cut into 1cm (1/2") chunks
- 1 ⅛ cups cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 1 small onion (finely diced)
- ¾ cup black Olives (pitted)
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice)
- To garnish
- Lemon wedge
Preheat the grill to hot.
Brush the chicken breasts with the oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Grill the chicken breasts for 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. To test if the chicken is cooked -insert a skewer or knife into the chicken - the juices should run clear with no trace of pink.
Put the quinoa into a pan and cover with the water. Cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for about 15-20 minutes, until the water has evaporated. Fluff with a fork and spoon into a bowl.
Add the cucumber, tomatoes, onions, olives and herbs to the warm quinoa. Pour over the olive oil and lemon juice, season well and mix everything together. Set aside to cool.
Divide the quinoa salad between 4 serving plates. Cut the chicken into strips and divide between the plates. Garnish with lemon wedges.