Pork and Grain Salad
ready in 50 min.
- 1 ½ cups instant Couscous
- 1 ⅔ cups hot vegetable stock
- 1 carrot (diced)
- 4 Tbsps olive oil
- 3.333 cups pork fillets (ready to cook, diced)
- 1 shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (peeled and diced)
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 cup sweet Corn (tinned, drained)
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Chives (to garnish)
Place the couscous in a bowl with the hot stock and steep for around 10 min.
Quickly blanch the carrot in boiling salted water, drain and rinse.
Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the meat on a high heat. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Add the shallot and garlic and fry for 1-2 min.
Fluff the couscous with a fork and stir into the meat along with the carrot, tomatoes, coriander, sweetcorn and the remaining oil. Heat for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally and season with salt, ground black pepper and lemon juice.
Arrange on plates and serve garnished with chives.