Golden Fish Patties
ready in 2 h. 30 min.
- 1 tsp Yeast
- ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp allspice
- ⅜ cup milk
- 1 ½ cups Haddock (cooked)
- 1 onion (peeled and finely chopped)
- 2 red chili peppers (finely chopped)
- habanero Chili (finely chopped)
- scallions (finely chopped)
- 2 tsps dried thyme
- 1 egg (beaten)
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
Add the yeast to the water with the sugar, stir well and set aside for 10 minutes until it starts to foam.
Whisk the flour, baking powder, pepper and allspice together, then stir in the yeast mixture and milk and make a smooth batter.
Flake in the haddock and stir to coat, then stir in the remaining flavourings. Leave to rest for 2 hours.
Heat the oil to 180°C | 350F and drop in the batter using a tablespoon. Fry on all sides until golden brown, then drain on kitchen paper.