Fried Cod with Vegetable Salad
- 2 pieces Cod (each about 200 g)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- peppers (freshly ground)
- 2 tablespoons Pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 500 grams potatoes (cooked, leftover from the day before)
- 1 bunch scallions
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons White vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons Corn oil
Sprinkle fish fillets with lemon juice and lightly season with salt and pepper.
Peel and cube the potatoes. Rinse and slice the scallions into thin rings.
Rinse and quarter the tomatoes, then remove the seeds and finely chop. Reserve 1 tablespoon tomato and cut into cubes.
Whisk together the vinegar, broth, oil, salt and pepper. Stir into the vegetables, cover and set aside, stirring occasionally.
Heat butter in a pan. Dredge the fish fillets lightly in flour and saute in hot butter on each side for about 3 minutes. Add and saute 1 tablespoon diced tomatoes and 1 tablespoon parsley.
Season potatoes and vegetable salad again with salt and pepper. Stir in remaining parsley, place on plates and arrange the fish fillets on top. Serve immediately.