These beautiful finger sandwiches take a little time to prepare, but make the perfect spread for a special occasion tea party.
Make sure to serve these lovely sandwiches the traditional way, with brewed English breakfast tea prepared with a bit of milk and honey.
- 16 slices sliced white bread (crusts removed)
- 3 ounces fresh Tuna (skinned)
- ½ ripe Avocado
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- ¼ Cucumber (peeled, halved lengthways and thinly sliced)
- ½ cup cream cheese (plain)
- ⅔ cup Mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Crème fraiche
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes (preserved in oil; drained, oil reserved, tomatoes very finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon sliced Chives
- 4 Radish (very finely diced)
- ½ cup cooked crayfish (chopped)
- 3 slices smoked Salmon (cut into thin strips)
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Dill
- red Shiso leaf (to garnish)
Cut the bread, tuna, and avocado into 1" x 2" diamonds. Immediately drizzle the avocado with 1-2 tsp lemon juice. Dice 1/4 of the cucumber slices.