Creamy Fish Scampi Soup
- 400 grams starchy potatoes
- 1 small Fennel
- 1 onion
- 1 garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 150 milliliters dry white wine
- 750 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 400 grams white fish fillets (such as haddock, cod, pollock)
- 100 milliliters Whipped cream
- 50 grams Crème fraiche
- 250 grams shrimp (ready to cook, peeled and deveined)
- freshly ground peppers
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped Dill
Peel potatoes, rinse and coarsely chop. Rinse fennel, trim and cut into strips. Peel onion and garlic peel and chop finely. Melt butter in a pot and saute onion and garlic until translucent. Add potatoes and fennel and sauté briefly. Add wine and broth and simmer over medium heat for about 15 minutes.
Rinse fish, pat dry and cut into bite-size pieces.
Remove half of vegetables from the pot and set aside. Puree remaining soup with an immersion blender and then stir in cream and creme fraiche. Add reserved vegetables and fish to the pot and simmer over low heat for 6-7 minutes.
Rinse shrimp and simmer in a pot of strongly salted water for about 5 minutes. Fill deep plates or soup bowls with creamy soup and place shrimp on top. Serve immediately garnished with dill.