Creamy Fish Bake
ready in 1 hr 15 min.
- 2 ½ cups Snapper fillet (cut into bite-sized pieces)
- 3 Tbsps lemon juice
- 5 ozs Puff pastry (frozen)
- 2 Tbsps butter
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 Leek (white part only), cut into thin strips
- 1 heaped all-purpose flour
- ⅞ cup milk
- ⅞ cup Coconut milk
- White pepper
- 1 cup Pineapple (diced)
- lemon zest
- melted butter (for brushing the pastry)
Sprinkle the fish with lemon juice. Thaw the puff pastry.
Preheat the oven to 180°C (160° fan) | 350F | gas 4.
Heat the butter and sweat the onion and leek until translucent. Dust with flour and stir in the milk and coconut milk. Season with salt and white pepper and add lemon peel to taste.
Mix the diced pineapple into the sauce. Place the pieces of fish in a buttered baking dish and cover with the sauce.
Roll out the puff pastry to fit the dish and place on top of the filling. Brush with melted butter and bake in the preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown.