- 250 grams white Beans (canned)
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 small Onion
- 5 sprigs Thyme
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- 500 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 1 pinch ground Cilantro
- 250 grams frozen Green beans
- 100 grams frozen Broad bean
- 1 teaspoon Lemon juice (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Sour cream
- slivered almonds (toasted, for garnish)
Rinse and drain the white beans. Peel and finely chop the onions and the garlic. Rinse thyme, shake dry and pluck the leaves off the stem.
Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Add beans and then pour in the broth. Add the thyme leaves and ground coriander and simmer for about 15 minutes. In the meantime, thaw the green beans and broad beans in a bowl of salted water for about 10 minutes, then rinse, drain and set aside.
Puree the soup finely then add the green beans and broad beans. Stir in the sour cream and lemon juice to taste and season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with additional thyme stalks and sliced almonds.