- 4 sweet Corn
- 1 red Bell pepper (seeds removed and diced)
- 1 green Bell pepper (seeds removed and diced)
- 1 stick Celery (thinly sliced)
- 1 red chili pepper seeds removed and chopped (optional)
- 1 onion (chopped peeled and sliced)
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon ground Turmeric
1 Pot mit Deckel, 1 Measuring cups, 1 Teaspoon, 1 Wooden spoon, 1 Nutmeg grater, 1 Tablespoon, 1 Cutting board, 1 Small knife, 1 Baking sheet, 1 Parchment paper, 1 Offset spatula, 1 Sieve
Strip the kernels from the cobs with a sharp knife. Put into a pan of boiling water and cook for 2 minutes, then drain well.
Put the sweetcorn kernels and the remaining ingredients into a large pan. Heat gently, stirring until the sugar has dissolved, then bring to a boil, stirring frequently and cook for 15-20 minutes until thick but moist. It should be a spoonable consistency, but not as thick as chutney.
Spoon into warm sterilised jars, cover, seal and label.