Classic Cheese Pizza
This classic recipe might be high in fat but it's also packed with protein and lycopene thanks to the tomatoes.
Add pepperoni on top for more protein and flavor.
- For the base
- 2 cups Bread flour
- 1 tsp quick-rising active dry yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- ⅞ cup warm water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- For the topping
- 1 Tbsp Semolina
- 2 cups canned, chopped tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 2 Tbsps tomato puree
- freshly ground Black pepper
- 2 ¾ cups grated Mozzarella
- To garnish
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper.
Quickly knead the dough and roll out into a large round, about 10" in diameter. Place on the baking tray.