Chinese Pork Saute
ready in 3 h. 40 min.
- ⅔ cup Pineapple juice
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsps distilled vinegar
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 0.333 cup soft light brown sugar
- 2 Tbsps Corn starch
- 3 Tbsps sesame oil
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 1 ¼ inches fresh ginger (peeled and minced)
- 1 green Bell pepper (diced)
- 1 red pepper (diced)
- 1 yellow pepper (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (minced)
- 4 cups Pork loin (sliced)
- 3 cups cooked Rice (to serve)
- freshly ground Black pepper
Combine the pineapple juice, water, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, and cornflour in a saucepan.
Whisk well, cooking over a low heat, until smooth. Continue to cook until simmering and thickened. Set to one side.
Heat the sesame oil in a large frying pan set over a moderate heat until hot.
Add the pork and fry for 3 minutes, tossing occasionally. Add the vegetables and garlic, and continue to fry for 2 minutes.
Tip the pork and vegetables into a slow cooker and cover with the sauce. Cover with a lid and cook on a medium setting for 3 hours until the pork is tender.
Adjust the seasoning to taste and serve over bowls of rice.