Chinese Beef Wok-fry
ready in 30 min.
- 16 ozs Sirloin steak (thinly sliced)
- 1 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 3 Mandarin orange (finely grated zest and juice)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (finely grated)
- 2 Tbsps olive oil
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 cloves crushed garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 red Bell pepper (cut into very thin strips)
- 1 green Bell pepper (cut into very thin strips)
- 1 tsp Corn starch
- 1 Mandarin orange (peeled and segmented)
Put the steak in a bowl, with the soy sauce, mandarin juice and zest and ginger. Mix well and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
Heat the oil in a wok or large frying pan. Drain the meat (reserving the marinade) and cook quickly for 1 minute over a high heat to seal.
Reduce the heat a little. Add the onion, garlic and peppers and cook for a further 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add the reserved marinade. Bring to a boil and cook for a further 2 minutes. If the sauce is too
thin, add the cornflour mixed to a paste with a little water and boil for a further 1 minute. Add the mandarin segments and cook until heated through. Serve with boiled rice.