Chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
ready in 55 min.
- 2 boneless, skinless Chicken breasts
- salt (to taste)
- freshly ground Black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 onion (peeled and diced)
- 3 cloves garlic cloves (peeled and minced)
- 2 cups Tomato sauce
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 sun-dried tomato chopped (not in oil)
- 16 ounces Fettuccine
- ½ bunch fresh Basil (chopped)
- ½ cup romano cheese (or parmesan)
Rinse chicken under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut chicken into bite-size pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; saute chicken, stirring frequently until cooked through, about 8 to 10 minutes.
Heat the remaining olive oil in a separate skillet over medium high heat. Saute the onions until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and saute until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add tomato sauce, heavy cream and sun-dried tomatoes. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, add the cooked chicken for the last five minutes, to heat through.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente.
Combine drain pasta, chicken mixture, and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with cheese. Divide between plates and serve.