Burger with Bell Peppers
- 1 White roll (from the day before)
- 1 onion
- Bell pepper (One red, one green or yellow)
- 1 bunch Chives
- 300 grams Ground meat (approximately 11 ounces, or 3/4 pound)
- 1 egg
- 100 grams Quark (approximately 4 ounces)
- 40 grams Sesame seeds (approximately 2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Crème fraiche
- 4 Multi-grain roll
- 4 slices Emmentaler cheese
- 2 tomatoes
- freshly ground peppers
Soak day-old roll in lukewarm water. Peel onion and finely chop. Cut bell peppers in half, remove core and seeds, and dice most of them. Cut the remaining peppers into decorative circles for garnish. Rinse chives and cut into thin rings.
Remove roll from water and drain. Break into small pieces. Mix pieces of roll with ground beef, egg, cheese, chives and salt and pepper. Mix in 4 tablespoons finely chopped bell peppers and knead until combined. Form into 4 round, flat patties and roll in sesame seeds. Coat a pan with oil and fry the patties. Place onto grill or cook in pan for about 6 minutes until cooked through. Meanwhile, slice rolls.
To serve: Combine creme fraiche, mustard and 2 tablespoons bell pepper mix and spread on the rolls. Place a lettuce leaf on the bottom half, and on the top place a slice of cheese and tomato slices. Place meet patties on roll and cover with top of roll. If desired, garnish top with decorative bell pepper circles.