Beef and Poblano Chili Tacos
ready in 30 min.
- 16 ounces ground Beef
- 1 small onion (diced)
- ¼ cup poblano chili (diced)
- 1 cup Hash brown (frozen, diced)
- 2 teaspoons Onion powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free Chili powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed Red pepper
- ½ teaspoon gluten-free ground Cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon Corn starch
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 8 Wheat taco (gluten free)
- 1 cup dairy-free Cheese (shredded)
- ½ cup scallions (chopped)
- ½ cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1 Lime (cut into wedges)
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground beef with onion and poblano peppers. As you are cooking the meat mixture, break up the meat with your spatula or spoon so the pieces are small. When the meat is fully cooked and onions are very tender, turn off heat and drain off any fat in the skillet.
Return skillet with meat back to heat on low. Stir in potatoes. Sprinkle in onion powder, garlic powder, chili powder, crushed red pepper, cumin, oregano, cornstarch, sugar and 2 tablespoons water. Continue to cook, stirring until well incorporated, and potatoes are warmed through.
Sprinkle a layer of cheese in the bottoms of each of the taco shells. Spoon the meat mixture into each of the taco shells. Squeeze limes over filling and top with green onions, cilantro, and any additional toppings, as desired.