- 250 grams dried Beans (thick white beans)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 thyme
- 1 rosemary
- 2 tablespoons Tomato paste
- 1 liter Beef broth
- 125 milliliters Red wine
- 1 bunch Soup vegetables
- 4 Celery
- 1 can tomatoes 425 ml or 1.5 cups)
- freshly ground peppers
- 150 grams Italian soup noodles
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 30 grams freshly grated Parmesan
The night before, soak beans in plenty of cold water. Drain in a colander. Heat olive oil in a pan and cook beans. Add herbs and tomato puree and cook briefly. Deglaze with broth and wine, bring to a boil and cook over low heat for about 2 hours.
Rinse, peel and chop soup vegetables, celery and tomatoes. Add to pot, season with salt and pepper and cook until done.
Remove a third of the beans, puree and strain through a sieve. Add pureed beans and pasta to soup and boil for 4-5 minutes. Stir in parsley and Parmesan. Ladle into bowls and serve.