Barley with Dried Tomatoes and Leek
- 1 small stalk Leeks
- 1 shallot
- 200 grams Pearl barley (such as barley like rice)
- 700 milliliters Vegetable broth
- 200 grams pickled Grape leaf (from a jar)
- 100 grams dried tomatoes (in oil)
- 1 handful frill parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- freshly ground peppers
- 4 tablespoons Sunflower seed
Cut the leek lengthwise, rinse and cut into thin strips. Peel the shallot and chop finely.
Cook the pearl barley in vegetable broth for about 15 minutes al dente over medium heat. In the last 5 minutes of cooking, add the leeks and the shallot to the barley and mix. Drain, if necessary, and let cool.
Cut the grape leaves into bite-size pieces. Drain the dried tomatoes and collect the oil. Cut the dried tomato cut into strips. Rinse the parsley, shake dry and pluck off the leaves.
Mix the barley with the vine leaves, dried tomato and half of the parsley. Pour the lemon juice, balsamic vinegar and 2-3 tablespoons of tomato oil, and season with salt and pepper. Mix well.
Sprinkle the barley with sunflower seeds and serve garnished with the remaining parsley.