Apricot and Pineapple Kebabs
- 4 Apricot (halved and stoned)
- 2 cups canned Pineapple (drained)
- 2 tablespoons superfine caster sugar
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 4 wooden Skewer (soaked in water for 3 minutes beforehand)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted Pistachio (roughly chopped)
To make the sauce, heat the cream in a saucepan set over medium heat. Remove from the heat once the cream comes to the boil and add the chopped chocolate. Stir gently until the chocolate has melted and you have a smooth sauce.
Preheat a griddle pan over a moderate heat until hot.
Thread two chunks of pineapple and two apricot halves onto each skewer, alternating them. Brush with some lime juice on both sides of the fruit and sprinkle the sugar on top.
Griddle the fruit skewers for 1-2 minutes on both sides until lightly coloured, then remove from the pan.
Pour the chocolate sauce into a serving jug and serve the fruit brochettes on the side on a plate. Garnish with the chopped pistachios before serving.